We held a special lecture on this subject from Richard Palmer, Professor of Experimental Physics at the University of Birmingham, and Head of Nanoscale Physics Research Laboratory. Richard helped us understand that the Bible is a very scientific book, ahead of it's time and in harmony with science!
Life's BIG Questions
We all have questions.....
....but we can't always find the answers!
Tumultuous events have been a feature of our world so far in 2011:
- January – Tunisian government falls
- February - Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak resigns; 6.3 earthquake - Christchurch, New Zealand
- March - 9.1 earthquake and tsunami - Japan. Over 15,000 killed, 8,000 missing. Emergencies at four nuclear power plants; Libyan uprising, no-fly zone
- April - Royal Wedding (a bit of light relief!)
- May - Volcanic ash from Grímsvötn, an ice cap in Iceland, disrupts air traffic
- June - Syrian uprising brutally repressed; Israel Prime Minister Netanyahu visits the White House
Are these events just part of the normal and mundane run of the mill happenings that have no significance beyond themselves? Or do they form part of a bigger story?
So Many Views!
If we turn to philosophy or religion, we find there are so many different views on the Meaning of Life. From the vast array of opinions, how do we know which one is right? Here are some examples: